View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:51 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Thanks very much Ricky Bobby. When you say “the actual fuse for the air suspension” what do you mean? What component is that fuse protecting if not the compressor? Does it protect the computer?

I will look for the fuse and panel you mention this weekend. I have had the trunk floor, spare tire, and compressor removed several times to access the battery compartment but I do not recall seeing anything that looked like a fuse panel. I must have missed it. (a quick search of the forum and web did not yield an illustration). It would be great to find the fuse in there blown.

Speaking of fuses, on the glove compartment fuse panel, does anyone know what is meant by “Secondary Air Pump”, fuses 51 (10A) and 62 (50A)? What could that be?

Secondary Air Pump is emissions related, not air suspension. Its an air pump that injects air upstream of the intake when the vehicle is on a cold start just so that the air/fuel mixture remains right, otherwise you'll run really rich until the car is warmed up.

When you're in the trunk floor and looking for the fuse block, it does not look like a fuse panel, its an actual fuse block, and yes I'm thinking at the 40 or 50 amp rating it probably protects the module, sensors, and other electrical components.

This is the fuse block TTGTR and I are referring to, with the EHCII, again why are you looking at fuses anyway? Very rare to blow on these cars, if you have SLS error I wouldn't waste your time with fuses but hook up to DIS and see what errors the module is throwing.

82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links