View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 03:34 PM

MAK3N3 is on a distinguished road
Yikes! I had to keep leveling off my coolant too for a few months but not like yours, mine was the exp tank.

So would you recommend Lucas Auto? That place caught my eye b/c all the $$$ euros parked out front. My indie shop is way back off I10/8 near where I used to live and I'm still trekking it over there for work I can't or don't want to do. Be nice to have an alt indie shop close by.

That Eurocarcare place just off 249 took care of me for free when I towed for the first time...had just left my house late evening to tow my M3 to TxTrifecta COTA event and my X overheated...pulled in there just before they closed and my coolant was basically freaking empty b/c It took in almost 2 gallons of coolant!!! I just got it back from Momentum West after some service too WTH! The guys were nice, topped it off n just said come back & see us sometime...emptied one my water jugs & they gave me a gallon to go for my road trip! I made it to Austin n back just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budarooski View Post
Yep...that's the issue my X5 had. I had to stop four times from IAH to Cypress to add water to my car...I literally limped to the repair shop off Grant (Lucas Auto Repair). When they quoted me I about fell over...I called BMW and then realized Lucas was giving me a good deal. I left the car there and at home looked it up on the internet and found the link you provided, as well as other links about this issue.

The good news is that it's fixed the right way with the updated parts so it shouldn't happen again.

As for me fixing it...forget it. I used to drag race and built my own motors and after years of wrenching I burned out on it...I won't touch a car today other than to change the oil. It's just not worth my time or headaches to work on today's cars.

Sponsored Links