View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 PM

Black5 is on a distinguished road
You've done well so far, there's more to come....

Based on the list of issues mine has had in it's 150K (Km not miles) history, (Albeit E53, not E70),

sunroof rails warp, (Panoramic)

Airbags need replacing,

transmission needs a rebuild,

engine needs a rebuild - and carbon build up means it will happen again

Starter motor fails - twice

Fuel pump goes - twice

Cooling system goes - twice

Amplifier fails

Window regulators go

Nav display fails

wheel cracks

Seat heaters fail

Starter switch fails

It's needed to be towed on at least 5 separate occasions.

There's much much more but that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.

If I didn't have a decent indi shop that kept the cost of repairs lower than the stealer, (Still not what I would call reasonable though!), and my wife didn't love the abominable thing so much, I would have got rid of it long ago.

Last straw was when the fuel pump was replaced again last week and within a day started spewing fuel all over the ground. Unfortunately this was when she was next a petrol station - requiring her to abandon the car and emergency services had to be called to clear the area before she could get it towed. The embarrassment of her very identifiable car, (Vanity plates), being very publicly towed away in front of a gathering crowd, with a firetruck following it through the area we live in was the final straw.

It will NOT be replaced by another BMW. This one has killed any affinity I may have had with the brand. Still great to drive, but I'm happy to leave the ownership hell to others.

I'd be many thousands better off if I had learned that much earlier.

Sent from my 20266 using Tapatalk

Black is the new Black.

Sponsored Links