View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:41 PM

patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Yes…interesting comparison. I don't know much of anything about the Porsche.

With that said, what's the Cayenne 6 cylinder performance vs. a 35i? I can't imagine the 35i is that better of a performer, but I don't know that for certain.

We drove the 35i and thought it was underpowered, so we got the 50i. It sounds like the Porsche is just like the X5's…if you are particular about options/packages, you gotta be patient and be willing to search long and hard!

Also, FWIW, the 2013 M Sport with Cold Weather Package does have the heated steering wheel, but not the 2011 or 2012's (at least in the U.S.). If that makes any difference. If you get an X5, I'd at least get one with the Sport Activity Package.
Upon further research, it does seem that the regular 2011 Porsche Cayenne has 300hp and 295lb tq, which is basically the same s the 35i. One's NA and the other is turbo-ed.

I actually haven't driven the new Cayenne / Cayenne S, but I know the older generation Cayenne were terribly under powered. With that said, it automatically deferred me away from the new generation. I have driven a friend's 2012 Cayenne Turbo, and boy was that a blast. Unfortunately, the turbo is out of my budget. The regular Cayenne has also been discontinued to make room for the Macan, so it's even to harder to find a regular Cayenne now with most being Cayenne S.

The 35i, I thought it was okay but as a "safety", I know I can go with an aftermarket tune and see some significant gains, while on the NA Cayenne, aftermarket tunes will have minimal gains.

I have been so used to the heated steering wheel, that it is pretty much a MUST HAVE option. I will look at the 2013 M-sport and see if those come with heated steering wheel. (pricing on 2013s are still pretty high) Another pet-peeve I have with the M-sport is the lack of running boards. I have looked at threads where people actually retrofitted running boards into the M-pack and also retrofitted the X5M/X6M heated steering wheel.

Is Sport Activity Package the one with air suspensions? If so, I was never fond of air suspensions. (Huge maintenance costs in the long run, especially since I am getting a used one. My views maybe biased, because the air suspensions on the mercedes S-class was extremely expensive to maintain.)

2005 X5 3.0i

pm me if you want your BMW coded!

H8 angel eyes and LED license plate lights FS.

Sponsored Links