View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 09:25 AM

Markyboyslm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
If you wanted to know 'what is wrong with my car, how can I diagnose this and fix it properly?", I'd be inclined to help.

But if the request is 'how can I screw a future buyer by covering up a defect?' you can get lost.
I was looking at trading it in at a local dealer and they would take it with the engine light on but at a lower rate. Would love to fix it and keep it. Just feeling like I got screwed. Purchased from a small dealer, paid quite a bit of money for a car that has problems.
So many problems with VANOS out there and not many diy fixes. VANOS stuck replace seals $$$$$. Not sure if that is my problem and dont want to waste money at the dealer figuring it out.

Car runs great with exhaust solenoid disconected. This must be a clue as to what is wrong I just want to understand why.

Not trying to screw anyone I have spent weeks of reading and trying things.

Swiched coils and plugs.
Replaced injector on Cylinder 1 (Injector 1 looked wet and was black with carbon, not too much but it wasn't like the other injectors) Valve problem? Timing?
Opened valve cover and looked at intermediate lever spring. Had a huge nightmare putting the valve cover back on. Its back on now and not leaking.
Cleaned VANOS Solenoids.
Switched Solenoids with other Bank with no change.
Cleaned MAF sensor
Tried some seafoam to get rid of the carbon
Suggestions...

Last edited by Markyboyslm; 01-14-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Sponsored Links