View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 PM

X5only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nra0707 View Post
Not exactly easy...more visible yes, but easy no. After lifting off the engine covers, the sensors are located near the firewall. Tough to get a socket wrench back there. Ended up using a short stem 1/4" drive socket wrench. Hold onto this wrench tightly!

Also, while BMW specifies 4 of the same sensors (plug in connector style) for both intake and exhaust cylinder sides, my 2004 4.4i had different (corded style) sensors for intakes. To top it off, the 5mm hex screws that are supposed to hold in the sensors turned out to be E6 or E7 external torx socket screws. I ended up dropping the E6 socket into the engine bay, but the E7 ended up working and later I was able to find the one I dropped.

I hope this helps someone because I couldn't find a single bit of info for camshaft position sensor replacement for N62 engines on the intertubes.
Hey NRA, what are the part numbers for the intake and exhaust CPS? The parts guy at the dealer has part #12147518628 and is not aware of another (his database shows N62 engine has 4 of the same part number)but my car has two different types of CPS- one with a pig tail and the other without. Looks like in the attached picture.

I'm trying to fix rough running on start for about 30 secs and SEL light is triggered. This happened after I replaced the driver side valve cover gasket and upper timing case gasket. I cleaned the CPS's and may have ruined them. Codes thrown:

2A84: CDKENWS2: intake/inlet vanos 2: Limit stop adaptations out of valid range.
P0021 A camshaft position- timing over-advanced or system performance (bank2)

2A89: CDKAMWS2: outlet/exhaust vanos 2: camshaft adjustment has not reached retard/late position: P0024 "B" camshaft -timing over-advanced or system performance (bank2)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links