View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 06:56 PM

X5only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 X5 View Post
Please let me know the outcome of your issue. I just did basically the same repair as you (upper timing covers and valve cover gaskets) and I am getting a Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) code as well. I'm really interested to see what the outcome is in your situation. I am getting a DME code for the drivers side intake CPS. I have cleared the codes, swapped the driver and passenger side intake CPS, and am still getting the driver's side intake CPS code.

I suspect that the CPS is not the issue in my case, but I ordered a new one anyway. When do you expect your new sensors?
I installed one new CPS on the drivers side and cleaned the other one but I'm still getting the exact same codes and very rough idling. The other CPS is coming in tomorrow. I suspect the issue is not the CPS but the vanos solenoids sticking or something. Could you please swap the passenger side vanos and see if the codes thrown move with them? Tonight I'm planning to remove the driver side solenoids and clean them thoroughly. I read in the E90 post a vanos cleaning DIY on their N54 engine and it does wonders. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486201&page=3

The E90 Bentley mentions that dirty or sticky vanos will throw CPS codes.

Here's the codes I'm getting from DIS and INPA:
1) 2A84: CDKENWS2: intake/inlet vanos 2.
Limit stop adaptations out of valid range
P0021 A camshaft position- timing over-advanced or system performance (bank2)
Possible causes:
-Vanos intake solenoid valve defective or soiled
-intake camshaft defective (vanos adjustment unit)

2) 2A89: CDKAMWS2: outlet/exhaust vanos 2: camshaft adjustment has not reached retard/late position: P0024 "B" camshaft -timing over-advanced or system performance (bank2)
Attached Images

Last edited by X5only; 02-03-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Sponsored Links