View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 10:08 PM

IslandRoad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5only View Post

[I][B]Indy (Zahntech Auto) cracked the issue- the CPS sensors were swapped!!! On the 2005 X5 N62 the sensors are different on the driver side The 2 camshaft position sensors, one for the exhaust camshaft (three pole connector, 12 14 7 518 628) and one for the intake camshaft (three pole pigtail lead cable, 12 14 7 539 172). Took them just an hour to figure out my mistake. I had carefully labeled all the connections during removal and not sure how I messed up during assembly....may be orientation of the label. Although I took many pictures next time I'll make sure to take pictures of just everything and not rely only on labeling. [I][B]
So i am new the this forum but not to BMW but I am having a bit of trouble here. I just picked up a 2006 X5 4.4 with the exact same codes that you have. The car has a CEL i pulled the codes and they are the same the idle is a rough startup and under hard power engine might cut off (limp Mode).

If i am not mistaken the sensors are on the rear towards the firewall. It's showing bank 2 so that's the driver side but i am trying to locate what sensors need to be replaced. I know the part numbers and what they look like but I cant find a picture of were they should go aka if they are mixed up. I can take a picture tomorrow but if you have a diagram that would be very helpful or picture even better. I did notice one of the two plugs was somewhat new also. Not sure if somebody replaced it thinking this was the main issue.

I also brought it to my BMW Tech today to have looked at before I found this thread. He suggested it could be that the vanos timing is off but idk if this is the case.

I plan on doing all the maintenance you mentioned in your first post but would like to have this resolved before jumping into everything else the car has 114k on it.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links