View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 AM

525iT_Feen is on a distinguished road
OFFICIAL: Modified Suspension & Wheel Database

I've been thinking of doing this for a while and hope other participate.

As of late I've seen more and more people refreshing their suspension and replacing the factory components with various aftermarket products available to us for our e53s. I couldn't get much information about my BC's when I considered them for my Lemans and there wasn't much more when I purchased them recently for my Tiag two years later. I thought this might be a nice resource for people considering upgrading their suspension to have one place where they can find information. I'm not looking for only lowered X's as I've even seen people purchase the FMU kit to raise them. Whatever it may be (lowered with spring/shock combo, factory air/links, aftermarket air, coilovers, etc) post it here following the below template. I know some people are secretive about wheel specs which I understand so share as you wish.

Feel free to share just wheel specs as well if you are on standard suspension.

Car: 2006 4.8iS
Suspension: STANDARD spring rate BC coilover's with extended rear dampening adjusters. Stock sway bars. No strut bar.
Additional Components at time of install: All front arms, links, ball joints, and tie rod assemblies.
Wheels: Titanium Rohana RF2 20x10ET40 20x11ET25 (Actual offset is ET0 with a 25mm spacer).
Tires: 275/40/20 315/35/20 Continental DWS
Review: I've been on these coilovers for almost two months and love the ride. I hated the stock ride (even at stock height) of the air suspension in the e53. I set the bump points with my BC's (took apart the body, set where I wanted the travel to be, and adjusted the actual body of the coilover) to allow relatively low daily ride height considering the aggressiveness of the wheels. It BARELY rubs on really hard dips and handle's like its on rails. Ride comfort on sh*tty Boston roads is great. The only thing I don't like is the chunkiness' caused by the front camber plates on bumps. A sacrifice worth making in my opinion.
Pictures:

Last edited by 525iT_Feen; 12-16-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Sponsored Links