View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:05 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn90 View Post
- I used wheel-bearing grease.

- If anyone has ever used the "slider clips" (that slide along the tracks), please make a recommendation re where to buy it (URL link please), pricing, your experience with it.
With the OEM window regulator being only $150 at dealer, if my sliders ever go bad, I'd probably get a brand-new OEM regulator b/c I know it lasts some 100K miles.
I bought a pair of "slider clips" from RegulatorFix.com - They are sitting on my workbench with a pair of black "window clips" ready to go in my existing regulators which have not failed (I am trying to be preventative). My impressions looking at them is they are very beefy and heavy duty and should probably outlast the car. If I ever needed another regulator I would probably swap them on there.

The pulley/cable assembly does go bad as well but it is my opinion that these slider and window clips are the major wear items requiring replacement of the regulator.

Will post in your thread if its ok cn90, when I do the job with some pictures and impressions - regarding the replacement of the slider clips with the new black plastic clips from BMW
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links