View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 12:15 PM

Clockwork is on a distinguished road
So I have the Dinan CAI with full shroud installed on my 2005 4.4i. I believe the shroud was for a pre-facelift model X as there are many cut-outs/holes with rubber grommets for piping I do not have in my 2005.
On the side of the shroud facing the engine, there is a hole and rubber grommet that I taped over to avoid warm/hot engine air to invade into.
I have now removed the tape covering that approx 1" diameter hole and have since reinstalled the down pipe from the air intake cowl to direct air flow into this hole and potentially into the CAI. From looking at pics on the net, I'm noticing no one else runs the air cowl's down pipe to side of shroud, making me believe some people may not have this hole.
I'm debating on actually cutting a larger hole in the side of the metal shroud and extending the down pipe into this hole to provide even more ambient temp air flow into CAI. Has anyone else done this?
Or do people just cover off the hole, if they have one on their shroud, and be happy with it?
BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

Sponsored Links