View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:55 PM

upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
Not even sure why you made this post. The Log may start with 0 depending on how the App syncs up with the data, often the first few lines are not very well synced and may register 0's.

But there is no magic either way if codes are cleared or not, the Adapations/Fuel Trims will be the same.

I am just too lazy to go outside in 20F temps to prove this to you, but you feel free to answer your own question and experiment for yourself, you WILL see, Fuel Trims will not be Zeroed out by clearing codes.

Only using a more advanced tool that supports Clearing/Resetting Adaptations or leaving the battery disconnected long enough for the DME standby capacitor(s) to discharge, something along the lines of a few weeks to a month on many vehicles. Touching the disconnected battery cables together typically does not Clear/Reset Adaptations or Codes, it can do other things, but it usually does not impact Adaptations or Codes. This is all part of the OBDII design parameters and why the Readiness Monitors were implemented.
OBD II readiness was implemented to prevent people from clearing the codes that are present in their cars prior to taking the car in for testing.

Well, Rookie has been uploading logs and the logs that were made after he cleared the code shows the long term fuel trim at 0, and it took quite a bit of time for the fuel trim to go from 0 to positive.

The last log Rookie uploaded was a log without a clear code prior to the logging, and if you bother to look at the log it showed the long term fuel trim at a positive value and NOT starting from 0.

Now Ottoi from Bavauto stated that you can reset fuel trims with clearing the code and Ross Tech said that you can reset fuel trims with clearing the code and Rookie has been resetting the fuel trim with clearing the code, seems like you're the one that don't get it.

You're right about one thing, it cold outside and I'm not going to be playing around with my X when it is working perfect.
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD

Sponsored Links