View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihover View Post
Great response BC as usual

Care to answer my question instead of repeating what I said?

How does the drive after a start, effect how the car was started? Instead of telling me to read your post again, just answer the question.

The reason I suggested you read my post more carefully is that the very first sentence acknowledges that you are correct concerning a faster way to warm up an engine is driving rather than sitting idling. The only remotely repetition of what you said is just that. My first comment was agreeing with you. Responding directly--the drive after does not effect how the car was started.

Idling an engine can accumulate contaminates such as carbon deposits, not good for an engine. Assuming that has taken place, driving at highway speeds should burn them off, offseting any potential issue from idling the engine for an extended period of time. That is an entirely different and separate topic.

On the other hand, if I was in Winnipeg when it is -30F sitting with the engine at idle or at 2500 might be the faster way to warm up the engine. I do know I would be asking how to install a remote start and expect coming here would be the best place to get help.

Last edited by bcredliner; 01-20-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Sponsored Links