View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 PM

Trasportador is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcibmw533 View Post
In my weekly local craigslist searching for e53 parts I might need/want, I came across a "2003 4.8is AWD SUV M-Package" that a dealer has listed. A couple things seem off to me in the subject line and listing. First, it has the pre-facelift headlights and 4.6is sport steering wheel, but the 4.8is 168 wheels and fender badges. Is it possible it's just a very early model 4.8is? Or is there likely some aftermarket fooling going on here? I especially like the eBay "///M" sticker over the X5 on the hatch. The one dash shot shows that there is some issue (I'm taking a wild guess on the air ride suspension, if it has it).

I didn't want to post a link to the ad, in case it violates some forum rules. I'm certainly not promoting the ad in any way, just curious and it's too far south for me to drive and see what's up with it.

The VIN is 5UXFB93563LN80212 if that means anything to anyone. At the price they're asking, it's almost parts car price, based on what I spent on maintenance and repairs last year!
Definitely not parts car money. It is a 4.6is. For that kind of money, I want Alcantara and Aluminium matching trim..

2003 BMW X5 4.8IS AWD SUV M-PACKAGE SILVER LOADED
2000 540it M-sport (Titanium on grey)
1995 540i/6 (Hellrotted like a MMM)

Sponsored Links