By my VIN....

Year: 2013
Make and Model: BMW X5 XDRIVE35I US
February 5, 2016 | Recall Campaign No. 16V-071
DRIVER'S FRONT AIR BAG
Remedy not yet available
Last Updated: February 12, 2015
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
During air bag deployment in an accident, the driver's front air bag module may produce excessive internal pressure that could cause the inflator to rupture.
SAFETY RISK
Inflator rupture could result in metal fragments striking the driver or other passengers, potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
DESCRIPTION OF REPAIR
Your BMW center will replace the driver's front air bag module. However, due to the large volume of new inflators needed to repair vehicles, the necessary parts will not be immediately available. As a result, owners of affected vehicles will be informed of the recall in an initial notification letter. Once replacement parts become available BMW will send another notification letter to owners, beginning with older model year vehicles located in BMW's previously defined HAH (High Absolute Humidity) region and expanding accordingly as more parts become available.
For additional information or assistance, please contact Customer Relations and Services at [email protected], or at 1-800-525-7417.

View PDF
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Recal...Number=16V-071

My e46 is affected by the same recall. For both front airbags. They have the parts for the passenger side, but a year on and there's still no driver side parts as far as I know. (At least I never got a followup letter.)

2009 xDrive35D
Comfort seats, Tech, Premium, Cold Weather, Sport w/ Adaptive Drive, Extended Nappa Leather
Deleted & Stg 2+ Tune for over 115k miles
227k on the clock
Being replaced by a 2016 X5d

Sponsored Links