View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 09:27 PM

diyanich is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I had X's tranny rebuilt for $5200 canadian.That includes the new friction packs and rebuilt Torque Converter.
Give that you are in the US,you should be able to get a better deal and indy transmission shop than at the dealership.If there's one reputable shop around that knows about euro transmissions.So they don't start refilling it with let's say Dexron or Mercon fluid instead of LT71141.
On the other hand,if the money isn't that much of a concern,then getting a ZF rebuilt tranny from dealer is a good choice.It should come filled with right stuff to the right level etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfbuilder View Post
My x is giving me code 000030 Egs: Coverter lockup clutch, excessive slip. Dealer quoted me $7k for a new trans. It will only slip at high rpm and in low gear when taking off hard from a complete stop. Won't slip at all if I keep the rpms under 3.5k. Need advice on where to get a new converter. The trans shifts solid and flawlessly so I don't see why I should replace it. I am pretty sure I can swap the converter myself but have no idea where to get it. I've used cobra transmission for my transfer case chain but they don't seem to have the converter for the zf5hp24 trans. Any suggestions? Is there a more heavy duty converter option than the stock zf one? I tow a small trailer full of tools quite often and would like a beefier one if it is available. Has anyone else had this problem? I also have code 00000F EGS: Pressure Actuator EDS, total current. Could this be a pressure related issue and not a bad converter? I have seen these: Oversized Lubrication Valve Kit - 139740-03K - Sonnax which say that they will fix the TC slip problem. Any input would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links