View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:16 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFurious View Post
Yeah, I noticed. I did find one great example in NYC - LeMans, black/titanium with a Dinan package. Even a decent price. Unfortunately the dealership was an absolute pain in the ass to work with - rarely answered, no follow through on details, then out of the blue doing a hard sell on whether I wanted it. No way I'd work with them sight-unseen. End of the day I've come around to your way of thinking - Imola/creme. Only drawback is the color scheme almost perfectly matches my wife's Explorer (red, black leather, black grill/trim).
That sounds exactly like my buying experience... lol. Except I did buy sight unseen. There's a thread describing the ordeal. My first, and hopefully last car-buying experience that follows that story line. It worked out okay in the end (sales guy was actually very nice and accommodating), but it was a hassle for sure.

Well, welcome to the 4.8is club. It isn't super exclusive, but man is it a lot of fun. At least in between repairs.

I've wrapped my interior trim in a number of colors so far... and haven't found one I'm happy with yet. I have the light wood color, forget the name of it. Supposed to be an upgraded option... but I don't like wood in my cars.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links