View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 11:18 PM

benfbuilder is on a distinguished road
Phil,

sorry for the late reply, I was waiting on my code reader to be delivered. it's able to read the transmissions codes and data but unfortunately will not record it. Here's what I came up with: Only one code was displayed 3B stall speed monitoring.

Data read In park:

Gearbox Ratio - 1st
Pressure actuator 1 - 739ma
Pressure actuator 2 - 780ma
Pressure actuator 3 - 780ma
Pressure actuator 4 - 156ma (converter lockup clutch)
Pressure actuator 5 - 780ma
Solenoid valve 1 - on
Solenoid valve 2 - off
Solenoid valve 3 - on

The issue I am having is when accelerating and the rpms get above 3k there is a noticeable slippage and loss of power to the wheels coupled with a murmuring/shuddering sound. It's also not confined to one gear, happens in all the gears when accelerating and above 3k rpm. No issues whatsoever when you keep it under 3k when accelerating, the thing shifts smooth and the converter locks up normally. I tried clearing the code and it seemed to fix the issue for about 3/4 of a mile, so it's seeming to me that since this appears to be an intermittent issue that I have an electrical problem rather than a mechanical one.

I checked the camshaft position sensor on the bell housing and came up with 760 ohms. Pelican parts says it should read 600 ohms. Not sure if that could be related, but seems that more resistance might not necessarily be a good thing.

Let me know what you think, or if there's any other way I can get you more data.

Thanks, Ben

Mods: Led interior lights, rear footwell lights, black powder coated rims, carbon fiber wrapped interior trim, matte black ecs kidney grilles, arnott air springs(rear), rear console-quad usb chargers, K&N air filter, akebono ceramic brake pads & zimmerman rotors, black painted calipers, 5% rear window tint over factory tint, 50% front window tint, rear airbags activated, 4:3 nav head unit auxilary input, diy trans rebuild at 160k, spyder led tailights, hella horns

Sponsored Links