View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 08:30 PM

bhennrich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
My dad has a 2005 X5 4.4 N65 engine with 6 speed automatic transmission.
When in 5th gear in any mode manual, sport or normal, the car has intermittent hesitations that last for a fraction of a second separated by anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes apart. If he shifts into 4th or 6th the hesitations stop immediately and completely. Neither engine or road speed make any difference. No codes
I have this problem myself and have tracked it down to be buildup of gunk in the valvebody of the trasmission. I am ordering a new separator plate and the springs / rubber seals to install. I have changed ALL plugs, coils, and injectors but in the end it is in the transmission. It very well could be the solenoids on the valvebody but I will send those out to be checked while I rebuild it. Change the transmission fluid and filter first. When I did that to mine the problem stopped for a few days but then returned. That I how I got ZF to suggest rebuilding the valvebody.

2005 4.4i (LV12368) on Style 87's in summer and Studded Style 130's in winter.

1997 M3/4/5 (EE05340) W/ Vaders, Hella Xenon's, Chromline, DSII's in Summer, Contours on studless snows in winter.

Sponsored Links