View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 11:02 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
^Great post jsoto and I agree, washing/drying technique PROPERLY is what keeps your paint looking good in the long term - I corrected my paint 2.5 years ago and besides some VERY fine marks induced by washing/drying over that time period which most people can't notice, I probably will not need to go over it until spring with the machine again and just one quick pass with a finishing polish.

To Yaz, start honing your washing/drying technique and perhaps pay a professional the first time around, by the time you invest in machines, pads, compounds, polishes etc and learn the ropes you will have invested quite a bit of money -

Once your paint is "caught up" and defect free for the most part, even if its at 90% perfect, that would be much easier to maintain going forward -

A good blow dryer is critical, the less water on the surface the better after washing, then take a dampened MF towel and a couple spritzes of the lubricating agent (quick detailer) give a final wipedown of your surface in order to reveal a streak free finish -

I am a big fan of the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt, as well as the Merino Wool mitt sold by Detailers Domain - I also like the Adam's synthetic wool wash pads as they are durable and cheap to replace once or twice a year -
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links