View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 12:55 PM

YazX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto View Post
YazX5 -

For a period, I've polished a plenty using a rotary only.....but we're talking OCD 3 step polishing. No DA needed.

I don't recommend you to try to buff it yourself.
It takes a skilled hand with Rotary. You can cause damage easily....and fairly quick.

You're on the right track. You can use the products you have. It will STILL make the paint look better than it is already right .

Re, leather. I don't have any issues with cleaning leather.....use a nice horsehair brush, later, foam it...etc, agitate, get it clean.

Re: conditioning. It's coated leather. It's NOT going to get any conditioner into it.
Maybe in the areas where the stitching perforation AND on a very MaCroSCOPIC level, the conditioner might even into ~abraded pores~ of your coated leather by let's say .0001 absorption.

Don't go crazy with the conditioner. It tends to accelerate wear as it keeps dirt, etc around . Once again, reference washing the car techniques. It's all about the abrasion factor....whether it be paint of leather

Yeah I was practicing on a black e63 yesterday, let's just say that you can now surf in the paint lol. I'm just gonna clay the car and then look for a reliable detailer that actually gets the job done right. One guy near me wants 110 for a buff and polish, he does all the cars for the dealers on our street Honda, Toyota, dodge. Look pretty good but I don't think it'll be that much of high quality work as they're always packed with cars so they just need it to "look good enough" and not the type of perfection I want. Oh well gotta keep lookin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links