View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 05:21 AM

Lamby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
Life with an X5 in the US can be summed up in two ways: gas is cheap and you still feel pretty small on the road, especially in Southern states. Even when I had my Range Rover (which was bigger and taller than an X5) I still felt pretty small in comparison to all the massive SUVs and lifted trucks on the road.

That makes me laugh, last time in the US I had a drive of the Escalade... I mean... its an aircraft carrier on wheels and the styling was as offensive as a punch in the face... the the interior had AWFUL plastic. But.. I loved driving it. Something about driving the right car in the right place, in Italy, you HAVE to drive a Alfa Romeo for example. In the UK the X5 has a bad image problem, Range Rovers only viewed slightly better but theses are very large cars on our roads. Can't see me sneaking down a country lane in a Escalade with a car coming the other way. I guess what I am trying to say is, for me, right car, right place. If I lived in the US, would I go X5 again?? hmm annoyingly... Because I would be homesick, I would go X5 but I would fantasise over a bigger truck.

Any back on to bolts. At $19 dollars per bolt maybe I should call my contact in China to bang out a 1000 bolts for me and becoming rich quick. Even if I flog them for 1/3 of the price.

What I had updated
Carbon Effect Steering Wheel
Panoramic Sunroof Fix
PVC Replacement
All glowplugs and glowplug regulator
New discs and pads all round
All new front suspension links, bushes and rods

Sponsored Links