View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:23 AM

YazX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextondm View Post
So, $208 later the car is home. I called a locksmith and he came out an used airbags to pry the door open a bit and then used a couple long rods to poke the unlock button on the center console to unlock the doors.
At this point I still need to figure out what to replace in the drivers door. Which part is the "carrier?" I'm assuming that is the problem, but not 100%. Just going off of how common I hear it is with the E53's. I did notice that when I put the key in the drivers door lock cylinder and turn it it feels as if something inside is disconnected, or like the lock is not operating the door lock inside the door mechanically, the key turns much easier than it did before.
A further note, I did notice when I pulled out the spare tire the other day to check the battery that the battery is less than a year old, obviously replaced by the previous owner. If the battery was replaced, is it likely that my keys just need to have the "resync" procedure to work? Also, I think step 1 of that is to lock and unlock the drivers door so if that's true, I cannot do the resync procedure until I fix the drivers door?
Sorry for so many questions guys, and I really appreciate all the answers an quick responses.

Key reprogramming instructions

http://www.programyourkeys.com/BMW_X...ogramming.html

If that doesn't work, your battery is bad and you gotta cut the key open because it's glued together and unsolder the battery and resolver a new one. Not too difficult cutting the key open is pretty annoying though. Good luck with everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links