View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Premier Member

PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
ALSO, potentially running the C2-600X speakers in rear doors would give mid sub AND tweeter sounds, along with the factory mid range (or replace that mid range too), if one wanted to go that route to have all sound range covered.
Now see? I didn't think this is how this is supposed to work. I always thought the speaker was simply output. I have thought it would simply produce the signal that is sent to it. How well that happens to the listener is all about the specs we discussed earlier. That's why I did not worry ab the size (or intent) of the tiny tweeters I put in place of the rear mids. I figure they're gonna push out whatever they get sent.

So, if it's true that a coax speaker will produce highs and lows even if it's replacing a simple component mid, that opens up a lot of options for an upgrade. Clock? Are you sure that it would work? If so, at $35 I might still be convinced to replace the tiny rear tweeters I put into the mids with trimmed down Memphis Audio ones. They sound great now. I can even hear the highs from the rear while I am driving. I think the audiophile calls that imaging, but I dunno. But it's inexpensive to test if it would be better with larger speakers.

Thoughts from the group as well?

Sponsored Links