View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 03:39 AM

msammy is on a distinguished road
andrewwynn,

Excellent thread! I read this thread 3 times to get a better understanding of your observation of the E53 tank design and fuel delivery system. This gives me a better understanding of why we ran out of fuel when the DTE on the display read ~40 miles. I was like, WTF, had the X5 towed to the nearest gas station and she fired right up with a fill-up. I was dumbfounded that could happen at 40 miles DTE. Based on your analysis and the mileage on the X5 at the time (about 150K miles) this all makes sense. We haven't gone past 1/4 tank since this event to be on the safe side, but from what I understand, over time, this may not be good enough as well?
2022 X6///M - Toronto Red, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, Executive Package w/Remote Engine Start, Soft-close doors, Heated & Cooled Cupholders, Front Ventilated Seats, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Front Massaging Seats, Carbon Fiber Trim.

2002 X5 3.0i, Sport Premium, Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons, DICE, LED Tails, just a winter vehicle...

2007 550i, Sport Premium, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota, Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Xenons.

Sponsored Links