View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 03:46 AM

Plattus1000 is on a distinguished road
I slacked on pics..., sorry.

I saw the Unicorn, better yet Jed took me for a ride! I was impressed with the build already but then Jed pointed out the "sport" button. "do you have this?" he sarcastically asked...

We began @ 8 and finished @ 8. Long day.

Once this was off:

It was time for this:

First few steps;

Tell me that doesn't look sexy as hell.

Because these are modular, the fitment and minor adjustments you make are easy. We used anti-seize to lubricate the pieces while setting it all up.

The whole time, Jed kept telling me how much easier/better this whole job would be if I had either a 6 spd or an S62 in an M5. You can ask him about it. Even though there were obstcals, with the design being modular, fitting everything in was a virtual breeze. I actually slowed Jed down by "helping"

My 2.75" pipe needs to match his 3" outlets from the collectors. Tomorrow, I'll drive a straight headers car to a muffler shop down the street. Yes, I'll have some fun but at the same time, worried about either getting pulled over or scaring old people and children to death. On start-up, she currently sounds like a '60's cuda or big block hemmi. So glad I came down. I've learned so much and met some cool enthusiasts.

I think I'll pass on the Dinan "experience" I'll still drop by on my way North but not a dime will come from me. I'll let DUDMD work his magic on these headers and my car.

I might meet AquilaBMW finally, later in the week and possibly dmo84556, both of whom I missed last trip.

The tools needed for this instal:

Oh, and a mallet/piece of 2x4.

Last edited by Plattus1000; 02-15-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Sponsored Links