View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 06:10 PM

hman1169 is on a distinguished road
x5 e53 washer relay location

First, I want to thank you for this forum, I have learned a lot just researching before I registered.

I have a 2006 x5 4.4l and to say the least it was in pretty sore shape when I picked it up. Lots of work has been done, all the window regulators had to be changed, brakes and a long list of little details... I thought I was done, and driving it home yesterday with melting snow and salt on the ground I tried to clean the windows. No water came out.

Got home and the reservoir was full. The fuses are good too. But there is no voltage to any of the motors. I a on the understanding that 12v is always present when the key is on, and the ground circuit is made when the lever or switch is pushed and pulled. I have searched and searched for the relay but can't find it. I suspect it is on top of the fuse panel in the glovebox. And what I hope to learn here, before pulling the fuse panel, is the relay is there.

On another BMW parts site, I found a picture of the fuse panel, and there are two smaller relays with a larger relay in the mix. Can anyone tell me if that is the washer relay? There is no click heard but the wipers run. No voltage at the pump motor is why I think it might be the relay.

Sponsored Links