View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:45 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
As a result of this thread I have placed the following in my E53:

Dash Midrange: Memphis Audio PRX275 (4 Ohm?????)
Front A-Pillar Tweeter: JL Audio C2-075-ct (4 ohm)
Front Door Woofer: C2-600 (4 ohm)
Rear Door Woofer: Dayton Audio RS150-4 6" (4 Ohm)
Rear Door Midrange Position: JL Audio C2-075-ct (4 ohm)

I am very pleased with the sound quality upgrade running through my Eonon GA6166 HU. Nothing has blown up and I gave it a thorough 1200 mile shakedown cruise just after the speaker installs.

Based on how WOW'd I am with the Vifa/Peerless mids in my E46, I am ever so gently considering putting them in the E53 rear door positions.

When I get back to the E53 I'm going to sit in the back and listen intently to determine if I'd like a stronger mid range back there.

As I experienced first hand with the 8ohm Founteks in a previously 3 ohm factory position, the higher impedance/resistance knocks down the effective volume one hears from the higher impedance speaker. Assuming moderate power inputs, I would not think any damage to amplifiers would occur. BWTHDIK????

I am now thoroughly enjoying my E46 GM5150 Eonon HU. Once I heard what was possible in the E53, I cringed at the sound of my E46 factory 15 year old HK speakers.

This has been a great speaker upgrade thread and thanks to everyone for contributing their research and experiences.

Stay tuned.

Mike
Mike your posts have been extremely helpful and glad we have made this collaborative experience with Prop (the OG of this thread) to be super helpful to all in the forum -

I'm really looking forward to the JL C2 set of woofers, as well as the tweeters in my front doors - let me know how much you want for the tweeters if you do end up with putting a proper midrange in the rear doors (Vifa's) - I might use them in my fronts and just buy C2 woofers -

I'm sure I will be happy with the Founteks in the dash on mine when I finally get it out of the body shop and can listen to them, but I may go with the Vifa's in the rear doors just to mix it up a bit and hopefully be as impressed as you were -
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links