View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:56 AM

four.8is is on a distinguished road
What's up with FCP Euro lately?

Hey guys, kind of a rant, but it's the second order in a short amount of time that gets delivered late.
Here's the thing, I understand things can happen, weather, hurricanes, mud slides , airplane crash and whatnot.
But when you falsely advertise your shipping times, with no other variable in the mix but your lack of responsibility , it makes me wonder if it's worth ordering from them again.

First order was on March 21st. I chose UPS ground method...About 4 days later, still no tracking number or anything. Same day, I get one of the shocks that I ordered...ok, weird, I suppose it came from a different warehouse but where's the other shock and mounts?

I write an email to FCP asking about the rest of the items since there was no tracking provided yet after 4 days. On the 26th, I get an email back that I should be getting the items by the 29th. Ok , already annoyed and the items way late, I wait to get the package. Finally getting a tracking number and the shipping method is 3 day UPS. Really? So the items weren't even shipped from their warehouse, they shipped them same day I emailed for an explanation which was 5 days after the order was placed. Awesome FCP. And one of their customer service person(won't post name here) even tries to explain to me that he doesn't feel like anything is wrong. OK...WOW

Now I placed my second order , April 4th at 1:10AM.
Rear bearings. Mechanic said to bring it in Thursday night to have it fixed on Friday. He doesn't usually work weekends.
So I hop on FCP, and they have a little calendar when choosing shipping method, one of those "want it by that date, choose this shipping method" thing.
Ok , its the 4th at 1:10 AM. If they ship today and I choose the 2 day AIR, I'll get it here on the 6th by the end of the day. Order placed.
4th goes silent, on the 5th I'm getting a notification the package shipped.
I look at when it's gonna get delivered, it says 7th by the end of the day.

NOW WAIT A SECOND. Your website told me to pick 2 day shipping if I want it by Thursday NOT Friday. You had the 4th, all day long to ship the 2 bearings and you didn't. It's your fault the items get shipped out a day late, and AGAIN, they are trying to make it seem like what's such a big deal . This time another person, a gal.
Now I'm usually understanding of being a day late, but in this case I had to have it by Thursday , so I can have my X for the weekend. Now of course it's not possible because I'm not gonna beg my mechanic to work Saturday on my bearings and swear all day long while doing the job.

Guys, am I being unrealistic? Anyone had same thing happen to them?
At least if their people were apologetic and acknowledge the fact that they messed up, but no, they just try to make me feel like I'm a fool and don't know how to count. Makes me wonder if their LIFETIME warranty is of any good and if I should still give my money to them or switch to another company.

I know it's a long rant, but I had to know what others have experienced with FCP. They used to be great, I mean GREAT in the past few years when I ordered parts for all my E39's, but that is no more.
Let me know your experience.

Last edited by four.8is; 04-06-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Sponsored Links