View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 02:40 AM

williamx5 is on a distinguished road
Good day all!!

Here are the before pictures...

During clean-up... Stage 1...

And fine tuning the bracket removal...

Don’t forget to pull this prior to bracket removal... Then put it back!!

Painting will be done as soon as I get home... A final cleaning and paint to keep the rust away!!

So, I was talking to my welder buddy with some ideas... The tube for the bolt is in the way of the original idea... So, I was thinking about going right down the center with the cut (center of the trans)... Then just putting one plate in there... Essentially, filling the void where the cut was made... Then just put a single plate at the bottom of the one coming from the cross member, to kind of make an odd “T”...

I’ll take this back to the vehicle tomorrow morning and take some measurements... And some pictures!! I hope we can get this welded up tomorrow night and test fitted for my two days off...

I’m working as quickly as I can on this guys and gals!! I might be over cautious, but I need the first one to be nearly perfect so I know it will work! And maybe have room to be even better, if someone sees something I don’t!!!

Cheers for now!!
2008 Mini Cooper S ragtop (04-17-2008 build date) Dark Silver exterior / Gray interior ( Topless)
BMWCCA member (#4745)

Last edited by williamx5; 08-05-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Sponsored Links