View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Archer Hood is on a distinguished road
Whistle Aftermarket Power Tailgate Installation

I don’t know if the post face lift X3 F25 in the US & Canada was offered with a Powered tailgate option or if, as it is now in the UK offered at all trim levels as standard.
But when I purchased my X3 in Sept. 2013, this optional extra cost an additional £385.00. Unfortunately I opted not to have this option only to regret this decision later. So I decided a couple of mouths ago to see if there was a viable aftermarket system I could install my self. I found one sold by a Chines company called 'Autoease Technology Ltd.’ After making enquires via a their sale manager by the name Tao, I decide to purchase their system. The system cost me $399.00 + $69.00 p+p, I was reimbursed the p+p under a scheme the company operates under the name “Review Award Plan”
I have completed the stallion of this Aftermarket Power Tailgate system. The equipment supplied is manufacture to a high standard and works just as though it had been fitted by BMW. It operates via the key fob, the tailgate latch switch by the number plate, a switch (supplied) I installed in the tailgate trim 3” left of the gate latch hoop and a switch (supplied) I installed in the internal kick trim on the drivers side. I am very pleased with the system and got a lot of pride and pleasure installing the system. The only downer was the somewhat lack lustre installation manual which could only be described as very basic.
I have created a video of the installation process of the system and posted it on Youtube the URL address is https://youtu.be/lL_1qD59nLg.
Hope you all who view it enjoy it.

Sponsored Links