View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 01:23 PM

Upex is on a distinguished road
Thanks wpoll,

There not much oil in pipes, considering the turbo been there for 12 years and 140k miles, hard to gague but just enough for 3 or 4 drops at bottom of turbo to cooler hose in 10 mins (ie waiting 10 mins, not after driving 10 mins lol), certainly not bad.

're blocked cat, would that allow high speeds, as she can still do above speed limits etc and holds speed steady on hills etc and revs easily to the red line, I'd have thought a partial blockage would get worse at higher rpm, but am guessing here and it is one of the possible causes on the link Zulu posted.

I do like the premise that the egr being forced open would help and thus the engine get quieter though, makes sense.

I've ordered a leak back tester, as perhaps if one injector not flowing, she running on 5 cylinders, so noise and low on grunt? Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Would a duff injector throw a code?

The stuck variable vanes sounds (from Zulu link) plausible to, but unsure how to check them and why the engine would be noisier if this would be the case.

Would a bad maf get bit better if unplugged, as mine doesn't lol.

Cheers all,

Last edited by Upex; 05-30-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Sponsored Links