View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 01:29 PM

Upex is on a distinguished road
Sorry folks, should have mentioned that I've fitted an iron exhaust manifold when I originally changed the turbo. Knew they were weak points, so ordered one as made sense whilst i was in the area and knowing id be removing turbo. Turned out the original was starting to crack (very small) but would have got worse, so very glad i did order one!

Deepblonde, engine is noiser at idle as well as when driven and acceleration is lacking low down, even from standstill. In fact it's worse when slower than when already shifting along.

I've not removed the egr as introducing another variable, but have ran it disconnected (hose plugged of course) and made no difference, that I can recall. I will try this again though, as that was ages ago and likely before i changed a few parts. Will look for a blanking kit to, as worth a shot I guess and at least can rule out EGR issue. Although wouldn't it then throw errors which could hamper performance anyway?

I'm also going to try driving with maf held open to see if that helps with power, as definitely helps with noise, just need to find a suitable clip to pinch the hose off whilst under vac (or long hose to put hand vac in car lol

Cheers all

Sponsored Links