View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 09:39 PM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmugur View Post
I just finished PDC retrofit on my daughter's 2004 X5 and all went smooth (console switch box with the PDC button, module, rear speaker, rear and front harness with sensors). I retrofit the bottom part from a 4.8is which has the sensors. The top bumper part was damaged.
The PDC will stop working if one sensor goes bad. So, this answers one of your questions, the rear will not work until you get the front sensors up and running. I use the console switch to turn on PDC manually for front mostly and when I want to stop the beeping for certain reasons. If it stops the fronts, I don't know how.
Thank you for your reply fmugur. I am looking for a facelift 4.8i bumper with PDC sensors but it is proving hard to come by. I may go with the solution from tecboy99 until I can find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy99 View Post
I did this retrofit last year. The mistake I made was buying a rear speaker and front and rear module. You need a rear only module from a E46. I can't remember which wires I switched around but I switched a couple of the wires around in the black connector to make the beeping go off. The rear only system actually uses the front speaker by the pedals for the alert sound. The button panel is not necessary as the system turns on and off when switching into and out of reverse, but I added it for a manual override. I'll try to take a picture of my harness so you can replicate it.
Bump on the wiring modifications tec. I installed the front and rear module and I hear the long beep from the front when the X is put in reverse. I am still waiting on the rear chime (should be here tomorrow) and want to order the E46 module if my original plan doesn't work out and I get the wiring modifications from you.

Last edited by Overboost; 06-11-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Sponsored Links