View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 03:44 AM

Google44 is on a distinguished road
New (to me) 2008 X5 3.0 d M sport with issues

Hi everyone

Recently I got 2008 X5 with a few issues to sort. I was wondering if someone can help.

1. Common fault - parking brake lite is yellow. Apparently, box has been replaced under the rear suspesion. However, done ISTA on it and claim it can talk to ECU, switch responses with 5V difference when pressed. Sounds like motor is not doing anything in. Also ISTA slaims the emergency release is activated...Any ideas where to start?

2. Passanger side heated set does not work. The light does not lit up at all. Driver side is OK. Again, there is 3 fuse boxes in this car so not sure where to start. Diagram claims it is fues 100,112,139,140,141. Is it realy all of them?

3. I think the bag of it sags a bit down if left over a period of time. Since both side drop equally there must be a leak in compresor. Reading around this forum people claim to remove salenoid, clean it and it was fine after. Not sure where salenoid is on it to be honest. Guess compressor itself is in boot somewhere. Being 7 seater how easy is to get to it.

4. claims to have reconditioned injectors but burns 33 mpg on motorway....
sounds a bit to much.

5. Rear air climate control module is dead - no power. Again, first point of check would be the fuse which is a struggle to locate at the moment

Thanks

Last edited by Google44; 06-20-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Sponsored Links