View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 08:36 AM

RonVF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP View Post
Brake line corrosion has claimed yet another X5. The red "Brake" light appeared shortly after an elderly lady stopped in a high speed merge lane and I had to floor the pedal to avoid her and the ABS kicked in. I topped up the MC, but after a couple of days the level has dropped again and I can see fluid on rear of the liner.

Just what I need, another summer project.

Looks like the NiCopp 3/16 tubing is the way to go. Are folks running it all the way to the ABS pump, or using unions as original?
Hello Scott ZHP,
I did this project last fall. After having bought all the parts at local dealer for about $400 thinking everything would come pre-bent, ha! That's not the case, just very expensive steel epoxy coated straight lines. I realizing there was no way I was going make all those exact bends so I read on here someone did the NiCopp and I couldn't be happier that I found it. Paid $25 a roll (x2) and ran it straight from wheels to ABS block, no unions! The trick with the right week is to just feed the line thru from the left side. The whole job took only a few hours and was so much simpler that the BMW way.. Also not, you will need to activate the ABS bleed program with a scan tool once your ready.. For me that was the most expensive part/tool I had to buy was the Foxwell NT510 on Amazon. Good unit to have if you own a BMW.. Your also going to need a couple of tubing benders. Got a really good little one at Harbour freight for like $7 and you will need the flaring tool for the European style flare. I paid $100 at NAPA only because I was in a hurry. You can find them on line much cheaper.
Good luck!

Sponsored Links