View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 07:45 PM

E46_TommyP is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 2012 LCI with broken rear springs

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone else has had broken rear springs on their e70. Packed the x5 up for a family vacation to Maine this passed Saturday, maybe 150lbs worth of stuff. Drove about 10 miles up on the Taconic state parkway, and all of a sudden I heard a loud pop kind of noise like my tire just blew out. So pull over look at the tires and nothing. So I drive a little bit and I can definitely tell something is wrong. Truck is super bouncy and I hear a rattle coming from the passenger rear. Drove the car home and swapped cars. Fast forward to yesterday, bring the x5 up to my buddie's shop when I got home from vacation yesterday. Both rear springs broke and they managed to spiral down around the axle and springs were sitting on the control arms. I searched and didn't really find any cases for the e70. I was shocked considering I have pretty low miles (52k) and i literally drive back and forth to work, there's no off-roading or beating on this truck. I'm pretty baffled by this. Just wondering if there has been any other cases.

Sponsored Links