View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:04 PM

wsmeyer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emg2919 View Post
Having the PPI done on Thursday - surprisingly it seems very basic at this dealership, nothing too in depth but still worth the peace of mind.

Few other updates on things replaced:
feb 2017
valley pan w/gasket
water pipe
o-ring
intake manifold gasket

feb 2017
thermostat, upper/lower hoses, fan switch

dec 2016
valve cover gaskets, spark plug tubes, valve cover seal washers, timing cover gasket, solenoid gaskets.
alternator seal
rear air springs
breaks
oil change

The only thing the last service says it needs currently is a upper/lower control arm bushings. Anybody had that done before? Rough estimate of cost?

If all checks out Thursday, I'll be making an offer and looking to purchase Friday/Saturday.
That's pretty much everything that is practically guaranteed to fail at some point on these cars. Unlike other BMW's, there isn't one main front bushing that takes all the work but the ones on the Tension Struts take the most beating and replacing them give the biggest change. I did mine myself and it took less than an hour per side so a shop shouldn't charge much labor. I went with Lemforder for about $85ea.

The bushings on the front swaybar eventually wear out and unbelievably are NOT replaceable, you have to replace the whole swaybar so make sure they check those.

Sponsored Links