View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 AM

austinbmw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfire View Post
Is the aero kit a difficult install? What kind of costs involved for the kit?

I had mines professionally installed. It took them 5 hours according to them to install it. The kit I ordered was Original Bmw branded I ended up paying $900 total from an eBay seller. MRSP at Bmw was $1,500 so I did save. FYI Bmw does not sell the kit anymore it’s discontinued which is why I purchased and glad on eBay one seller had it deadstock that they purchased back in 2007 but never installed it, it was sitting on their shelf for years lol. OEM kit is starting to get very hard to find. Not the aftermarket though. Paint was a separate $600 and the labor was $500. Total $2,000. But it’s a professional job I got done. No cheap route. At the end if you do the cheap route it doesn’t come out well or looks well either. I wanted it to be as if it came out from factory.

You can get the aftermarket one for $250 BUT the quality is not near the same or similar that’s for sure which was from Ebay as well. I ordered aftermarket first but I’m picky but I thought it was going to be similar but I wanted it to be perfect finish and the cut too align perfect as well and the aftermarket was not a perfect cut like the original Bmw one (perhaps the aftermarket quality one I purchased from that vendor wasn’t good quality)?

FYI there is one only OEM Bmw aerodynamic kit 07-10 for $1,249.95. No one else has or carries it at this point. Unless another seller on eBay has a dead stock and sells it cheaper than that one seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links