View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:17 PM

scourtaud23 is on a distinguished road
So after a little bit more testing, still failling...

Test 21 did nothing...

I plugged in my computer and looked into INPA > body > cluster/Kombi.
There is a screen that shows fuel sender values even though they don't show ohmmeter values but its an analog to digital conversion value. Using this I can see that the right side sender is low. The most annoying part (and this is new since I re-seated the pump), is that this and test 06 show that it sometimes go higher (left turn) and almost to full on the INPA scale before settling back down.

Picture was taken parked flat engine running.

I also fired up NCS Expert and looked into the coding of the Kombi (KMBI) and there are quite a few values that can be modified including tank capacity, gauge curve (linear or progressive), reserve size (8 or 10L), ... There are also dampening values for the gauge but I didn't want to play with those so as to not panick the needle and risk damaging it.
Mine was correctly coded, using 92L linear and switching to progressive made no change.

I can only find 2 plausible explanations since the gauge is able to go higher than its "resting" limit of around 22L.
1: The float is not floating great and has troubles lifting the arm high enough (like foating below the surface)
2: Something else I haven't thought of but that's why I'm here...

Sponsored Links