View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 07:43 PM
//Binary is in my DNA

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Go to one of the online part database sites like realoem.com, bmwfans.info, or etk.cc and DO NOT input the last 7 digits of your VIN (LU37432). When you input your VIN, the part database becomes "specific" and will hone in on how your specific BMW was optioned...and not list all available options for that model/model year/build date.

If you input data for a 2004 X5 3.0 with a 4/2004 build date...then go to the diagrams for the exterior mirrors...click on the the diagram for mirror housing for X5s with option codes S430a (int/ext dip) & S760a (high gloss).

Do the above and you'll see there are MULTIPLE selections for the various options...you'll see a choice for "yes" or "no" for the option codes you have. If you want exterior mirror assemblies for sport pkg w/high gloss (S760a)...then make sure the supplemental column says "yes". And you also want the auto dim exterior folding mirrors...then also make sure the supplemental column says "yes" for that feature, too...as well as "yes" for any other features you have (heat/fold/high gloss/dip/etc).

Do that for both item #1 & #2 in the diagram. Click the link below to go directly to the part database for a X5 3.0 with 4/04 build date, then click on the diagram for S430a & S760a outside mirror assemblies:
RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
Thanks Qsilver7,
I did go and browse the RealOEM site and followed the build 04/04 3.0 and I do not see any reference to folding mirrors. I think you may be onto something.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3937

So I input 4.8 04/04 build date and I think I see what I am after although all the different options show the same part number.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3938

So if I am correct, i need:
Left mirror 51167039925
Right Mirror 51167039926

Let me know if you think I missed anything. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links