View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:23 PM

gregg3gs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooz View Post
Thanks all for the thoughts...really put my mind at ease as I thought something had dropped into the head but probably just the sound of the cam hitting the stops. Unlike other N62 pics I've seen, the X5 4.8 doesn't have the spring at the end of the cam nor can I see the stops described in other write ups. That said, I'm sure there are stops somewhere I just can't seem to see.

As far as the valve seals, i'm doing them in the car w/ the AGA tool. So far, I've finished all seals on Bank 1 w/ the exception of the intake seal nearest the firewall. I'm not sure how the heck I'm gonna get that one done as it's barely visible due to the cam position sensor mounting block that obscures the view almost entirely, unless you're on top of the engine. I plan on taking off the intake to hopefully give me some add'l room to get both intake valves (Banks 1 & 2) nearest the firewall.

Speaking of removing the intake, how the heck do folks get to the 3 electrical connectors behind the manifold? I was essentially laying on top of the engine and can only feel them, but cannot see how they're connected or even find all 3 connectors (I can feel 2 of them...both large, round connectors right next to each other. Can I remove all the manifold bolts and pull it forward some to get to those? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance guys....incredibly helpful thus far.

Shoot me your email address and I'll send you pictures of the connectors on the intake. Damn Photobucket!

Sponsored Links