View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:14 PM

ix&x5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
Modify with my fix it will never break again. The problem is a design flaw that will guarantee an eventual break. I'm addition, the plastic clips on the regulator break because the window binds on the side rails, lubricate them occasionally and they won't break either.

When I used dry Teflon on my 17 yr old window it sped up 60% and matches the speed of all the windows now.

I have never seen a "stretched cable" in 40 years of working on every type of everything it's a myth. That said, metal parts that hold the cable end can bend. My 16 yr old cables were much better than the new ones that came off the knock of.

I was going to remove the whole part but the car may use a sensor to detect that part to confirm the door is locked. Since I don't know I left the part.

What's the point of lifetime warranty on a part designed exactly like the defective original. Keep the number at a dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will try the mod. It looks like you put a zip tie on the weak part of the shaft. Why do you cut off the end of the spring? Thanks

Sponsored Links