View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 AM

Lamby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upex View Post
My next step was going to be injectors, but couldnt get inpa etc working and then my laptop bettery died completely. After that i suspecting clutch/transmission, but cant see how the latter would affect idle.

If yours is temp related, perhaps that's a big clue. Something nice and tight when cold, but thermal expansion causing an issue?

Mines loud and down all the time, at all temps. Can't be anything too major though, done about 14000 miles like this with not a blip of trouble lol, trust my most reliable car to be the broken one lol
Hi Upex,

I am having a fairly similar experience. Although my power is all fine (As my X5 has a remapped ECU from E-maps) It's certainly faster than standard 3.0d's however, I am experiencing injector issues (I think). I have been through the mill and checked off all the things you have listed and I now have INPA and a laptop that talks to my X5. I tested this at the weekend to clear my SRS airbag light after a fix and it worked! So, I also noticed a rough idle code but intermittent and fault not present. Looks like I need to do an Smooth Idle Test on INPA and see if any of the injectors are out of spec but is is slightly lumpy at idle now. When the injectors failed a couple of years ago, it was like someone hitting the steering wheel with a hammer and its currently nothing like that so I am hoping its just out of spec or needs a injector pulling and cleaning.

I will keep you up to date fella. Also might do a video of INPA smooth idle test but I am sure some of the good fellow on this site have already done it, but as its relevant I will do one.

What I had updated
Carbon Effect Steering Wheel
Panoramic Sunroof Fix
PVC Replacement
All glowplugs and glowplug regulator
New discs and pads all round
All new front suspension links, bushes and rods

Sponsored Links