View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 08:48 AM

TiminIndy is on a distinguished road
Well, I replaced my upper control arms (thrust arms) in Aug, 2016, and now, only 15,000 miles later, the thumping sound on sharp turns at slow speeds has returned. I suspect it is the thrust arm bushings again, already. I haven't had a chance to inspect them yet but will today. I bought the Lemforder thrust arms from RMEuropean - now I wish I had got them from FCP, as I believe they offer a lifetime guarantee.

If it isn't the thrust arm bushings, what else should I look at for sharp turn thumping? CV joints?

In Dec, 2017, I replaced the lower control arms (wishbones) and the sway bar end links when I was getting another thumping/clicking sound on slight turns on uneven surfaces at slow speeds and braking vibration when braking at 50-60 mph. When it was up on the lift at that time, the CV boots didn't appear to have any cracks, etc..

Since I still have my old thrust arms, I think I might get the Powerflex urethane bushings. I read in one of the threads that bimmerworld will repack these into my control arms for $10, but I couldn't find anything about that on their site. Does anyone know about this? I think my indy mechanic mentioned someone local that will pack bushings also, so I could check on that.

Sponsored Links