View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Lamby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiminIndy View Post
Well, I replaced my upper control arms (thrust arms) in Aug, 2016, and now, only 15,000 miles later, the thumping sound on sharp turns at slow speeds has returned. I suspect it is the thrust arm bushings again, already. I haven't had a chance to inspect them yet but will today. I bought the Lemforder thrust arms from RMEuropean - now I wish I had got them from FCP, as I believe they offer a lifetime guarantee.

If it isn't the thrust arm bushings, what else should I look at for sharp turn thumping? CV joints?

In Dec, 2017, I replaced the lower control arms (wishbones) and the sway bar end links when I was getting another thumping/clicking sound on slight turns on uneven surfaces at slow speeds and braking vibration when braking at 50-60 mph. When it was up on the lift at that time, the CV boots didn't appear to have any cracks, etc..

Since I still have my old thrust arms, I think I might get the Powerflex urethane bushings. I read in one of the threads that bimmerworld will repack these into my control arms for $10, but I couldn't find anything about that on their site. Does anyone know about this? I think my indy mechanic mentioned someone local that will pack bushings also, so I could check on that.
I have Powerflex bushings in the thrust arms, the Purple ones, you can now get different color Powerflex bushings for different stiffness however, the Purple on 19"s with the sport suspension is firm enough for me. I don't want it any firmer.

What I had updated
Carbon Effect Steering Wheel
Panoramic Sunroof Fix
PVC Replacement
All glowplugs and glowplug regulator
New discs and pads all round
All new front suspension links, bushes and rods

Sponsored Links