View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 10:39 AM

bfeng is on a distinguished road
The biggest 2 advantages of the Execuhitch (which I like) are (1) cosmetically clean, (2) no ball mount receiver rattle/clunk. But if you want a system that is compatible with standard American-style 2" receiver parts then you should go with something else (OEM is pretty good and cheaper at around $425 for the whole package). with a bit of reinforcement you can use a WD hitch (if you don't have rear self-leveling), or a tongue weight scale integrated into the ball mount (great if you tow a variety of loads/cars).

I chose to go the latter route, but regret not cutting off and redoing the loops for the safety chains because they prevent you from using those cheap devices to eliminate receiver clunking. I usually leave a cheap ball mount in there when I'm not towing, as this greatly reduces the amount of rear bumper damage you will get from park-by-feel drivers in parallel parking situations (often here in Boston). I'm one of the guys that did a very tight cutout of the bumper, so it's visually not a big deal. Besides it's a utility vehicle and I think a hitch is part of the look.

Sponsored Links