View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 01:19 PM

squidzilla is on a distinguished road
High Mileage oil worked m54 3.0

I bought my 5mt 3 years ago this month. It had 89k mikes and leaked from the valve cover and the OHG. It leaked so much that I was adding half a quart of oil every few hundred miles. I tried Liqui Moly stop leak and nothing changed. Then I tried some ATP 205 and it seemed to slow things down a bit. After removing the Rotella t6 I put in at purchase, I then switched to Castrol synthetic High Mileage and then to Maxlife blend 5w 30.

Now it does not leak at all. There is some weeping at the valve cover gasket, but that is it. The OHG leak has stopped completely. Nothing. It now has 92k miles. I removed the splash shield when I bought it to gauge how bad the leak was. Now that the leaking has stopped, I am going to put it back on.

No more stains on the driveway now. All of these are SN rated oils that I used and you can see by the miles I put in the 5mt since purchase, that I have changed the oil often. It gets about 1k miles per year.

Some of you may not want to try this stuff, but for those willing to try something different hopefully this anecdotal evidence helps you.

2004 E60 545i Sport 6MT. Black/Black Build Date 6-2004 102k miles

Sponsored Links