View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 07:05 PM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Well here are the mixed results with the Bovee 1000 Bluetooth module connected to the Dice iPod interface with Dice DSP adapter.

Both iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge can connect and stream music or any audio (YouTube, I Heart Radio, Audio Books, etc) with no issue

But neither iPhone 8 or Samsung will give text for the track-album-artist and the steering wheel controls for up/down track only work on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

I tried my old iPhone 3 connected directly to the 30 pin and it works perfect so it must be that my Dice firmware is just too old.

For giggles I connected the wife's iPad and it works the same as her iPhone, streams everything but no steering wheel track control.

The factory BMW Bluetooth hands free connects no problem (2 separate Bluetooth connections) and it will pause the streaming input if a call is received as it should.

The 2 failures are the track text information should be displayed on the MID or High Cluster for both phones and steering wheel controls for track up/down should work on the iProducts. (Volume steering wheel controls work as they should on all devices)

So in the end, it is a dual phone streaming solution and the sound quality is excellent but it is still not enough to satisfy my OCD.

Last edited by Overboost; 05-15-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Sponsored Links