View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:24 AM

Lemboss is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your comment, yes that also might be the problem, installed DIS v57 and did this morning intermediate lever test which was ok, also have been monitoring valve set point and eccentric shaft and given values match well real values, so it seems intermediate levers are good.

Dis some service function tests in DIS yesterday and will do some more today to see if anything changes. Also some people from other forums suspect that it might be stretched chains.

I will be replacing thermostat some time soon and i will also take out clean and check VANOS solenoids, if the chains are stretched very much the should be marks on solenoid, but i believe that will not be the case.

As i understand if chains are stretched they should be making noise at cold start (E53) but i am not getting any and they usually do not snap like chains on E70 without any worrying sounds.

I am trying to figure out in my head how major or minor this camshaft adaptation thing really is, i am not sure if you can see same info in DIS (which was official BMW software), so if you cant see this info in DIS the dealer could not see this info and this problem would never pop up until chains would be making noises at cold start ... so maybe there is no major reason to worry too much about this issue, unit i decide to change changes if i will be driving my X5 for another 50k or 100k ...

Sponsored Links